We all look forward to the resumption of public Masses in our parish; although we do not know when that will be possible we are beginning to make preparations. Plans for returning to mass will be shared as soon as we are made aware. Thank you for your patience, your cooperation with the social distancing guidelines and for your support during this time. Please know that you remain in our prayers and we ask to remain in yours.
PARENTS OF HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS: Our Lady of the Gulf would like to honor all of its graduating high school seniors. Please submit the following information about your graduating senior along with a photo by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in a special insert of the parish bulletin. Graduate Name, High School, Activities, Honors and Achievments, Plans after High Scool
- Phase 1 of “Preserving our Heritage, Building our Future” has begun! This phase involves necessary repairs, new flooring, lighting and sound improvemnets as well as some aesthetic changes to enhance the beauty of the altar. Please continue to pray for the renovation process.
- During the renovation, the church will be closed. A chapel has been set up in the Parish Hall and will be available for private prayer 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. daily. Please adhere to the recommended 6-foot distance from others.
- The Parish office is temporarily closed but we can be reached by phone or email. Donations can be
- mailed to P. O. Box 515, Gulf Shores, AL 36547,
- Dropped in the secure, black mailbox outside the office door
- or made online (Link at OLGAL.ORG)
- Confession – in the Parish Hall :
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
- or by appointment
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL UPDATE
We regret to announce that Vacation Bible School will not be held this year. The cancellation has been decided out of concern for the welfare of our participants, families and volunteers due to the continuing situation regarding COVID-19. We look forward to seeing everyone next year.
WE WILL BE SENDING FUN MATERIALS TO BE USED AT HOME. STAY TUNED!
NOVENA FOR THE HEALING OF OUR HEARTS AND HOME
Archbishop Rodi’s Novena continues through Monday, April 27. Please join Archbishop Rodi in praying this novena to deliver us all from the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the Novena for the Healing of our Hearts and Home Prayer Booklet. Archbishop Rodi will lead the novena each morning during 8:00 a.m. mass on Facebook live. (You need not have a Facebook account to join him just visit https://www.facebook.com/thecatholicweek/ and scroll to the daily link.) Or watch it later in the day at http://mobarch.org/dailymass/ .
ONLINE RESOURCES FOR THESE DIFFICULT TIMES
Take a short prayer break right at your computer. Spend some quiet time reflecting on a Scripture passage. https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer
Everyday Heroes – Catholic Men of Faith
These Knights of Columbus embody the principles of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism, while acting on their deep faith to make a difference in the lives of those around them. https://www.kofc.org/en/videos/everyday-heroes.html
Free video content to enliven your faith. Free podcasts help you grow in your faith when you’re on the go. Insightful and informative articles to help you know and live the Catholic Faith. https://media.ascensionpress.com/
Word on Fire
Videos, articles, homilies and more from Bishop Robert Barron. https://www.wordonfire.org/
Free video platform digitally streaming The Wild Goose, Metanoia and other content from The Ministry of the Wild Goose, 4PM Media and other ministry partners.
Busted Halo | Faith Shared Joyfully
Busted Halo is a unique media resource that utilizes a relevant and accessible voice to help people understand the Catholic faith, put it into practice in their everyday lives, and share it with others.